Wednesday, September 24, 2014

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day Twenty-Four-Learning Trend

Which learning trend captures your attention the most, and why? (Mobile learning, project-based learning, game-based learning, etc.)

I would like to reflect on my school experiences to respond to this prompt.  I have ADD and was recently diagnosed within the last 2-3 years.  I was talkative, inattentive, and struggled to focus and can remember this being an issue from 3rd grade forward.  Undergraduate work was very difficult for me as the first two years consisted of taking requirements for which I had little interest.

The memorable assignments from grade school are as follows:

Winning a Black History Essay Content in 9th Grade
Scoring 3rd Place in my School Science Fair in 8th Grade
Journalism Class:  Editor of the School Newspaper in 11th-12th Grade
Designing a Parts of Speech Board Game in 8th Grade which I called NACPAVI

All of these activities required the following:

1.  Choice
2.  Research over Time
3.  Authentic Assessments
4. Making/Designing Something
5.  Technology (typing, photos, templates)
6.  Creativity
7.  Presenting
8.  Meaningful for me as the learner
9.  Challenging & Fun
10.  An Audience

No comments:

Post a Comment