Sunday, November 23, 2014

Attitude of Gratitude


My attitude of gratitude is slow going.  It is difficult to appreciate people who seem to work against you, but I am being more open-minded about it.  I am still enjoying my classes through GCC and I am taking all that I am learning and applying it as a I interact with a very diverse group of students, colleagues, parents, and community members.

I was very grateful to be a fly on the wall on Thursday.  The G+ Community has been just wonderful to be a part of and I happened upon a poetry group who was delivering through hangouts.  Young at Art is in Conneticut and works with students at Manchester High School.  Manchester's Technology Coach posted about HOA with the poetry group and we have a wonderful group of our own here.  Lyrikal Storm is both a non-profit group and school group who works with students through Spoken Word.  A mere few minutes of tech set up on hangouts on our end and then.....voila!! Lyrikal Storm was watching Manchester High students deliver and then our students at Parkdale took their turns. the culminating activity included each founder introducing their respective poetry groups and then the students got to share a bit about themselves.  The most important ??:  What is your favorite cereal?

What a powerful experience for students at both schools!!  

Young at Art           Lyrikal Storm


        

No comments:

Post a Comment