Saturday, November 15, 2014

Time for Myself



I was one of those teachers who never missed work unless I was practically on my death bed.  I have come to realize that the world will not stop if I am not at work and that I must value my time off.

Leave is not to abuse....but USE IT!  I need mental health days, time to get things done that pertain to my personal life, and that I should not feel guilty taking a day here and there.  I also use my leave to attend professional development and that is a part of time for myself.


Stretching, meditation (still working on this), and pleasure reading are all a part of time for myself.

I also have started walking with students and co-workers as a part of a long-term service project.  Although it is at work, the walking gives me time to myself as I listen to music on my phone and get two miles in.

I love dancing to House music.  I enter my own world through this genre and it just frees me.  My favorite DJs are JaBig (in Canada), Osunlade (in Greece), John Crockett (in New Jersey) and my local favorite is Sam the man Burns.

PAMPERING: massages, pedicures, manicures, and facials all a part of time for myself

VACATION:  I love to get away....time permitting during the school year

No comments:

Post a Comment